We Remove the Stress from the Process
Every project goes through the same process so everyone knows what to expect and when to expect it. We ask lots of questions and listening carefully to ensure we understand your goals. Then we get to work.
Preparing the Proposal
- Owner provides architectural and structural drawings (we can recommend an architect or engineer to assist if necessary).
- An interior designer for the project (we can provide a recommendation if necessary). - Archer Construction visits the property to become familiar with the project, take photos, measurements, etc. - If beneficial, Archer conducts another site visit accompanied by pertinent sub-contractors. - Detailed conversations are conducted with the owner to ensure complete understanding of the project by all parties.
- An estimate summary is provided (broken into 16 cost categories)
- Estimate detail (describing each increment of the Master Estimate)
- Allowances (description of the vendor supplied fixtures, hardware, appliances, etc.)
- Sample Gantt Calendar
- Contingency Allowance Policy
- Execute Construction Contract
- Sign Change Order Policy
- Sign Contingency Allowance Policy
- Present plans to proper permitting authorities (time frames for each plan review stage to be projected)
- Prepare detailed selection sheet (with preferred vendor list for owner selection and approval)
- Determine final pricing (following final selections)
- Create project manager checklist
- Brief owner regarding Google Documents program
During the Project
- All electronic communication with owner provided by Gmail - Establish client folder - Provide weekly progress reports via Google Drive (work completed during current week, work anticipated to be completed next week, updated calendar, factors impacting progress (weather, etc.), agreed upon selections, selections still to be made by owner, items pending owner for review/approval, other open owner issues, photographs, previously discussed contingency items, change order items pending owner approval, potential change order forms. - Monthly finance meeting (personal or phone) to be conducted to discuss actual vs. budget performance.
Completion of Project
- Develop punch list to ensure total completion of project to owner's satisfaction - Owner to complete survey regarding performance on project